Raleigh, N.C. — Bacon covered in frosting and cereal and a Texas Pete glazed doughnut are among the new foods headed to the this year.
The fair released a list of items on Friday morning.
The offerings this year feature several hot and spicy options including Bubba‘s Bacon‘s Cheetos Jalapeno Bacon, which is a bacon-on-a-stick dipped in nacho cheese and rolled in hot Cheetos. S2 Concessions will also be getting spicy with Texas Pete Glazed Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.
Bubba‘s Bacon also boasts one of the more odd items on the new foods list – Unicorn Bacon. The vendor is taking their traditional bacon-on-a-stick and dripping it in frosting and Fruity Pebbles cereal.
A full list of what‘s new:
- Woody’s Sports Tavern & Grill: Shrimp & Cheddar Cheese Grits Eggroll – North Carolina farm raised shrimp and stone ground cheese grits with tasso ham rolled into an eggroll wrapper then lightly deep fried until crispy and topped with a red pepper remoulade sauce
- Ragin Cajun: Country Ham & Cheddar Cheese Hush Puppies and Chocolate Chip Hush Puppies – The Country Ham and Cheese hush puppies are served with molasses whipped butter while the Chocolate Chop hush puppies are served with powdered sugar and chocolate gravy
- Neomonde Mediterranean: SoJo Melt – Neomonde’s version of a Philly cheese steak served on eight inch Italian hoagies filled with sautéed all natural ground lamb with onions, soujouk spices, hummus spread, Lebanese pickles, melted provolone and mozzarella cheese, roma tomatoes and a new jalapeno and cilantro green hot sauce called “Shug”
- Hickory Tree BBQ: Crack-n-Cheese in a Waffle Cone (A waffle cone of mac-n-cheese, topped with turkey bbq, turkey cracklings, coleslaw and signature sauce) and Thanksgiving Turkey Chop Sandwich (Hand-cut turkey chop deep fried and smothered in gravy on a buttery bun topped with thanksgiving dressing and cranberry sauce)
Old North State Kitchen: Slow Smoked Bourbon Brown Sugar Rubbed Pork Loin – Whole pork loin slow smoked with hardwood rubbed with bourbon brown sugar, served a sliced “chop” with all natural juices. Old North State is also serving up scratch-made banana pudding with bourbon whipped cream topping.
- Cool Runnings Jamaican: Jerk Pork Wrap with Mango Sauce – Jerk pork seasoned with our signature jerk seasoning served in a wrap with lettuce, tomato and mango sauce
- Chick-N-Que: Cluck Puppies and Italian Ice Tea Float – A twist on traditional hush puppies, Cluck Puppies are a fusion of Chick-N-Que’s chopped chicken barbecue and signature cheddar hush puppy mix, deep fried to perfection and offered with your choice of CNQ’s dipping sauce. The Italian Ice Tea Float has two scoops of your favorite Sunset Slush Classic Italian Ice in a cup of Chick-N-Que’s Sweet Tea
- Black’s Concessions: Rolled Ice Cream – Liquid ice cream poured onto an anti-griddle with toppings such as cherry cheesecake, toffee or Oreo and then rolled up and placed into a cup with whipped cream
- Chef’s D’Lites: Cinnamon Toast Crunch Apple Cobbler Bites – Granny Smith apple slices coated in a special Cinnamon Toast Crunch batter, deep fried and topped with a drizzle of caramel, cinnamon sugar and powdered sugar
- Arepa Loca: Arepa Burger – Traditional arepa stuffed with prime choice homemade burger. Served with a slice of tomato and onions and topped with stick potatioes and traditional pink and cilantro guacamole sauce
- Howling Cow: Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- Rudy’s: Chicken & Ranch Pizza
- Churros To Go: Crunchy Cheese Churros with Bacon and Parsley
- S2 Concessions: Texas Pete Glazed Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
- Douglas Farms: Roasted and Glazed Corn with Bacon – Douglas Farms traditional roasted corn, dipped in doughnut glaze and rolled in bacon
- Gobblin’ Gourmet: Grasshopper Funnel Cake – Chocolate brownie funnel cake topped with dark chocolate fudge, mint drizzle, whipped cream and Oreo bit topping.
- Mrs. J’s Sweet Shoppe: Unicorn Apples – White chocolate covered apples with fruit strip mane and rock candy unicorn horns
- Bubba’s Bacon: Unicorn Bacon and Cheetos Jalapeno Bacon – Unicorn Bacon is Bacon-On-A-Stick dipped in frosting and rolled in Fruity Peebles cereal, while Cheetos Jalapeno Bacon is dipped in nacho cheese and rolled in hot Cheetos.
- La Farm Bakery: Candied Bacon S‘mores – House-made marshmallow filled with scrumptious applewood smoked bacon ganache and dipped in chocolate resting on Carolina ground whole wheat graham cracker and topped with candied bacon.
- Miss Debbie‘s Specialty Apples: Pumpkin Spice Latte, Triple Threat and Creme Brulee Cheesecake
The fair runs Oct. 11-21 at the N.C. State Fairgrounds.